20 Sep 9/20/18 Update
Winter Park Responds
Volunteers Needed for Feeding Efforts
The demand for meals is higher than anticipated, so we now need 25 (Subject to changes as needed) volunteers per meal that Winter Park is signed up to lead.
- Days: Thursday, Saturday, Tues
- Times: 10am-1pm and 3pm-6pm
- Where: The First Baptist Activity Center on Independence
- To volunteer, please call the church office at 910-791-4725
Volunteers Needed for Cleanup Efforts
NC Baptist on Mission is orchestrating city-wide volunteer cleanup crews beginning Friday. Volunteers will be needed for yard debris, water damage clean up, etc. Work crews will be under the supervision of NC Baptists. All skill levels are needed.
- Meet Friday @ 9:00am at First Baptist Activity Center
- Bring your own tools (sheetrock knives, gloves, goggles, masks, rakes, etc.
- Age limits – 15yr – 17yr with parental supervision, 18+ (parent supervision optional 🙂 )
If you have a need please call the church office (910) 791-4725 or visit: https://goo.gl/yj4gRW
Catholic Charities is collecting the following items. For now, you can bring them to the church office (as of Thursday). More locations will be announced later.
- Non-perishable food
- Baby products (diapers, wipes, non-perishable food, formula)
- Cleaning supplies (paper towels, wipes, bleach, spray cleaner)
- Gift cards (gas, grocery)
- Toiletries (toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, shaving cream, razors)
- NO clothing, furniture or other items please.
Donations made to CBF Disaster Relief, NC Baptist on Mission, and/or Winter Park Baptist Church will go straight to help those in need. There are no overhead or administrative costs involved, so 100% of the generous donations will be used for the relief effort. Online giving options exist for each of these organizations.
- Carolina Restoration Services of North Carolina has done an AMAZING job of undergoing recovery efforts on our church campus. It looks sort of like the ET movie with air tubes and plastic sheeting everywhere, but things are drying out and improving daily.
- The steeple is being patched today (Thursday) to prevent future damage.
- Members are helping each other and their neighbors doing amazing things TOGETHER.
Thanks to everyone for the continued prayers and support.