16 Dec COVID-19 Update & Guidelines
The Church Council met this past Sunday to evaluate Winter Park’s COVID-19 regathering strategy and concluded that our church should be very proud of how we have managed to come back together safely and smoothly over the last two months. We thank all who have helped our congregation stay healthy together by being responsible in making decisions about attendance and considering the health of the brothers and sisters who share this space with us.
Unfortunately, the virus is currently surging and our nation is bracing for the spikes that will inevitably come as a result of holiday travel. As a result, the Church Council would like to reiterate the following guidelines for you to consider in making your decisions about whether or not to worship virtually or in person over the coming weeks. The Council requests that members and friends of Winter Park participate in online services if any of the following circumstances are met:
- If you are sick, have a fever, or exhibit other symptoms of COVID-19
- If you have been tested for COVID-19 and are waiting for a result
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19
- If anyone in your household is sick
- If you’ve been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- If you have recently visited with family members or others who are outside your normal circle of contact
Again, our church has done a terrific job in regathering. Let’s keep up the good work so we can continue to be together safely and encourage one another regularly as we endure this third wave. Thanks so much for your help during this time, and for loving your Winter Park neighbors as yourself.